Ford F-150 Towing Capacity
One of the most robust trucks on the roads of Lewisville, Denton, and Grapevine right now is the 2019 Ford F-150. It’s no surprise that this vehicle packs a big punch, especially when it comes to towing. Whether you need to haul for work or play, this truck is guaranteed to take control of even the heaviest jobs for you.
To find out more, Sam Pack’s Five Star Ford Lewisville has created this Ford F-150 towing capacity guide. Below, you’ll discover all the towing capability this truck has to offer as well as the top-of-the-line performance components that make it all happen!
Ford F-150 Towing: It’s All in the Engine
With six different engines available across seven trim levels, you can easily choose which combination is appropriate for your towing needs. Below, you’ll find the specs for each engine when they’re paired with the available 10-speed automatic transmission, as this allows for the best possible towing configuration.
- 2.7L turbocharged EcoBoost®engine: Engineered with Ford’s port-fuel and direct-injectionsystem, this engine is capable of a whopping 325 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque, making it a true powerhouse on the road.
- 3.5L EcoBoost®engine: This engine generates 375 horsepower and a complimentary 470 lb-ft of torque, making it the best option for towing. In fact, this hefty engine can tow up to 13,200 pounds with the proper equipment.
- 3.5L High-Output EcoBoost®engine: Available in the F-150 Raptor, this engine is ideal for hitting the city pavement as well as off-roading adventures. You’ll receive a highly impressive power output of 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque, making your drive—whether you’re towing or not—exhilarating, powerful, and fun.
- 3.3L TI-VCT V6engine: Responsive and smooth, this engine delivers 290 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque, optimizing power at every turn. This engine ideally works alongside the 6-speed transmission, which comes with three selectable modes for normal and sportdriving as well as towing.
- 5.0L TI-VCT V8engine: This engine supplies a best-in-class payload by taking advantage of the robust 395 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, you can also elevate your drive by adding the available CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Dieselengine: With 11,400 pounds of towing capability and 1,940 pounds of payload capacity, you’ll be able to take on the road ahead while hauling whatever’s behind, all with an output of 250 horsepower and 440 lb-ft oftorque.
2019 F-150 Towing Accessories
Now that you know what this Ford can haul with up to 13,200 pounds of towing capacity with the proper configuration, equipping your truck with industry-leading towing accessories is going to make that job even easier. Available equipment includes:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-sight guide
- 8-inch productivity screen with trailer info
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- Blind Spot Information System® with trailer coverage
- LED lighting
Experience What This Truck Can Do at Sam Pack’s Five Star Ford Lewisville
After reading about the Ford F-150 towing capacity, we know you’re probably ready to get behind the wheel. To do so in the Lewisville, Denton, and Grapevine areas, schedule a test drive with our dealership today! We’re excited to show you what this truck is capable of.